Del-Ko Brydge Soccer Association Code of Conduct
- Play by the rules. If you do not understand, please ask.
- Remember that you are part of a team.
- Cheer all players (cheer much louder for your team!).
- Respect your fellow players, coaches, referees and parents.
- Control your temper and your emotions while on the field.
- Play for your enjoyment – not just to please coaches or parents.
- Tell your coach or the referee if you are injured while playing.
- Winning is only part of the game.
- Have fun, make friends, improve your skills and do your best.
- Never ridicule your child for making an error.
- Remember that children play for their enjoyment – not yours.
- Show your appreciation for volunteer coaches and referees.
- Never undermine the coaches’ authority in front of the team.
- Remember that many of our referees are also children (learning)
- Always set a good example for fair play.
- Applaud all good plays.
- Never make your child feel guilty for losing a game.
- Try to know the game and understand the rules.
- Volunteer your services whenever possible.
- Help us to eliminate all traces of violence from children’s sports.
- Commit to improve the performance of the players and the team physically and mentally.
- Commit to providing a high quality soccer program for players with a positive environment.
- Be thoroughly acquainted with the rules of the game and keep attuned to the sound principles of coaching.
- Respect all individuals as unique human beings.
- Opponents and referees must be treated with respect.
- Players must be coached to win within the laws of the game.
- Coaches must be enthusiastic and positive.
- Be generous with praise when deserved.
- Maintain high standards of personal conduct and fair play.